Egg Co-Op Update
I crunched some numbers about the Egg Co-Op to see where we are at in our first year of the program. So far we have been going for 113 days and have laid 553 eggs. This works out to roughly 5 eggs a day.
- Cost of feed per day: $1.11
- Cost of feed per bag: $17.69
- A bag of fee lasts: 14.125 days
- Number of bags for the year: 26 bags
- Cost of feed per year: $459
Egg Production Vs. Temperature
Since we know egg laying behavior is affected by stress, one of the things that stresses birds is the heat of the summer. So we graphed the average temperatures for each month in 2011 and then we plotted the egg production per month.